The 7th grade Science placement form is due May 1 in order for your child to choose a preference (Earth Science/Living Environment). The criteria is listed in the letter. This does not apply to the 7th grade magnet classes. Please give the form to your science teacher.
The 7th grade Talent selection sheet is due May 5. We highly anticipate that we will have a Drama teacher next year. If your child is interested in switching their Arts talent to Drama, please indicate on the form. Seats will be limited. Please give the form to your homeroom teacher.
For more information, please contact Anthony Rizzo, Assistant Principal.
Dear 8th Grade parent(s)/guardian(s),
The ARISTA Honors Society recognizes those students who excel in scholarship, citizenship and service. The ARISTA Honors Society is open to 8th grade students who meet the following requirements:
1. 90 or over average in academic subjects (including Talent)in five out of seven marking periods from 7th and 8th grade combined.
2. No mark below an 80 in any subject, in five out of seven marking periods from 7th and 8th grade combined.
3. Not have an “N” or “U” for conduct in any marking period, from 7th and 8th grade combined.
4. No more than 12 lateness overall for 7th grade and 9 lateness overall for 8th grade.
5. Service for the school or community.
On Tuesday, April 25th, all students who have qualified, based on criteria #1-4 above, have received an invitation to submit a service form to their homeroom teacher by Friday, May 5th. During the week of May 8th, the 8th grade students who have fulfilled all five ARISTA criteria will receive an invitation to attend the ARISTA ceremony on Wednesday, May 17th at 9amin our school auditorium.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by email at Tlampoutis@schools.nyc.gov or by phone at 718.423.8138 for additional discussion.
Mr. Taso Lampoutis
Louis Pasteur, Middle School 67Q
6th: Kaylie Mo of 628 “I Am”
7th: Leedenya Solano-Costa of 724 “The Girl in the Corner”
8th: Raitah Jinnat of 822 “Chasm”