1. There will be NO PTA meeting in December. The next meeting will be held on January 14, 2016 2016. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed to the PTA, then please do not hesitate to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. 8th Grade parents who wish to attend the Breakfast with the Principal being hosted at MS67 on Tuesday, December 8 at 9 am, please be sure to reply to Jenny Cho, parent coordinator, by Monday, December 7, by telephone. MS67 has been experiencing problems with their internet so, until further notice, please reach out to Jenny Cho via school phone.
3. The SO Dance was held on November 19, 2015, and many parent volunteers helped out purchasing the snacks, carrying them from the stores to their homes then to the school, and selling them to the hungry kids. We were not only able to provide refreshments to the kids, but were also able to raise about $645. Many thanks go to the following parents:
4. The Box Tops are coming in steadily, and we’ve raised about $300 so far! Thanks to Christiana Moy for facilitating the collection. Please continue to cut them out and send them in. Each classroom has a special collections box and your child will know what to do.
5. Some parents have expressed concerns about their children not having a permanent ELA teacher after Mr. Liu left unexpectedly. A letter from the school went out to the parents recently addressing the situation and welcoming the new teacher. Please continue to address your concerns with the school, but feel free to let us know how things are going. The PTA will continue to monitor the situation and do what we can to support the parents and the school in addressing this important situation for the kids.
6. The new drama production is in full swing, and we hope to be able to assist the students be part of another fantastic, high caliber production. Please let us know if you are interested in working on this particular endeavor.
7. We hope to have interesting and helpful speakers at the PTA meetings so please send in your suggestions of topics and speakers.
8. The School Leadership Team meeting is taking place on Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 3:30 PM. Please email us with any topics or concerns that you would like addressed at the meeting. Remember, you are welcomed to come to the meeting and observe. The SLT exists to serve the students and the school community.