Dear Families of MS67Q PTA:
There was a lot of action at the school last week – Back to School Night and our first PTA meeting were among some of the exciting happenings. There were more than 50 parents in attendance at the meeting, and we were joined by Principal Annello and all the Assistant Principals. Here’s a quick recap of some of the happenings from the meeting.
Our next School Leadership Team and the PTA meeting will be held on MONDAY October 23, 2017 at 4:00 PM (SLT Meeting) and at 7:00 PM (PTA Meeting). All parents are permitted to attend and observe the SLT meetings during which topics related to the school curriculum and other learning-related issues are discussed and decided upon. (Please note that the PTA meeting dates are being revised and will be posted on our website once confirmed).
Please consider donating to the PTA – our goal is to donate at least $10,000 to the school this year so they can continue the wide variety of after-school and in-school programs and club/team activities. Please click HERE for the Membership Appeal letter [Chinese | Korean | Spanish]. The suggested donation is $75.00 but any amount is needed and welcomed. Anyone donating $100 or more will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a school logo sweatshirt.
We understand that some classes have not received the PTA Welcome Packet. All the letters and notices that had been included in the packet are available on our website.
Fund-raising activities are in full swing! In addition to the membership drive, we have the Stop & Shop sign up, the Box Top collection, the BJ membership sign up, and the Modells fund raiser. Here’re the links to the BJ Club LETTER and APPLICATION, the Stop & Shop LETTER, the Box Top LETTER, and the Modell’s COUPON. Shop at Modells between now until 10/12/2017 and mention that you’re shopping with MS67Q and they’ll give you 15% off your entire purchase!
Vendors can apply to be a Friend of the PTA and have their banner posted on our website www.ms67pta.org. The annual fee is only $200. Here’s a LINK to the Vendor form.
Mr. Annello provided a lot of information and responded to questions from parents for a good 30 minutes. Some of the things we learned were:
- The Free After-School Program by Samuel Fields Y is operating at our school with over 100 students enrolled and participating.
- The full offerings of clubs and after-school programs and teams will begin soon.
- Parent-Teacher conference dates are tentatively scheduled for: 11/29; 3/7; 5/9.
- If you need help with PupilPath, you can contact 866-817-0726.
- Photo Days will take place on October 11 (6th and 7th graders) and October 13 (8th graders) We will need PARENT VOLUNTEERS so please sign up HERE.
- Book Fair will take place on October 16-19. A separate email will be sent out so you can sign up to volunteer to help at the Book Fair. This is one of the PTA’s fundraisers and we need many parent volunteers.
- Our students are being encouraged to be more mindful of their emotional intelligence through the use of Mood Meters in each classroom.
This is “World Smile Week” at MS67Q. Ask your children about it. And let’s smile at them as we ask.
Until the next email blast . .