We hope your students have adjusted to their schedules and are adjusting well.
Always, please feel free to reach out to the PTA should we be able to support or help you as you guide and help your children. NYC school system offers many opportunities for our children but we know it could also seem confusing and daunting. We are here to support the parents and the school so they can support the children.
To that end, please encourage other parents to SIGN UP for the PTA email list by registering on the PTA website HERE. Not only is MS67 academically strong, but it is also working hard to provide all sorts of after-school enrichment programs and clubs and teams for our children. It is an exciting time to be part of the school community and let’s share the excitement with our children.
- We had a FANTASTIC first PTA Meeting in September. The entire auditorium was packed and parents stayed until 9:00PM as we tried to learn about the new high school on-line registration system, ask our principals any questions we might have, and learn about a new study/time management system (Elevate Education) that the PTA will help the school bring to all the students.
We voted to approve additional $11,500 in our budget to provide for Elevate Education. The entire school will now be taught how to study and manage time more effectively. Your membership donations MADE THIS HAPPEN! If you have not yet donated to the membership drive, your school needs you. Of course, every contribution is needed and appreciated. Please make your donation today!
Thank you to the almost 200 families who have donated so far!!
If you generously contributed to the membership drive in the month of September, you were entered into a drawing . Principal Annello picked out the winners of the raffle.
And the following are the winners of $50.00 Irvin Simon gift cards that can be used to purchase photos from the school’s Photo Day (certificates will go home with your child):
- A Wang – 621
- E Ng – 721
- N Lai – 721
- W Glass 720
- O Tong – 820
- We also elected a new 6th grade parent member to the School Leadership Team. The full list of the SLT parent members and the PTA board will be available shortly on the PTA website.
- The next SLT and PTA meeting will be held on October 15, 2018 at 4:00PM (SLT) and at 7:00PM (PTA) at the school. Each PTA meeting is very helpful and informative so we hope you will be there to learn and to be supported. Our guest speaker will be a panel composed of principals, APS, and/or administrators from various high schools (both SHSAT and non-SHSAT schools). Come and learn and ask. It is a golden opportunity. Please feel free to bring your middle school students.
- School pictures – 10/2/2018 (6th and 7th grade) and 10/4/2018 (8th grade).
Thank you to all the Picture Day volunteers. We are still in need of a few volunteers on 10/4 if you are available. Please sign up HERE.
School Portraits will be viewed and ordered online this year. Proof Sheets with ordering instructions will be sent home 3-4 weeks after picture day.
- Wanna have some fun, socialize and just feel good? Ice cream sale is in full stride. We are always in need of volunteers on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 to 12:45. Please signup HERE.
- Several parents have expressed their desire to volunteer on a long-term basis. Please sign up to join one of the PTA committees. We will reach out to you so the committees can decide how and when to meet and get going. Your can sign up HERE.
- Membership Recruit and Inclusion Committee (Ways to recruit, include, and welcome more families and parents to the PTA)
- Fundraising Events Committee (Ways to raise funds, plan and execute fund-raising events)
- Communications Committee (newsletters, translations, web-presence)
- “Respect for All” Committee (The school’s theme for this year is “Respect for All” – a very important theme for our middle schoolers. This committee will try to come up with ways to support the school in its efforts to teach the theme at school and also brainstorm for ideas on how families and parents can teach the theme at home.)
- Family Support Committee (How can we support families to navigate 6th, 7th, 8th grade? How can we help families guide and nurture their middle schoolers?)