Dear MS67 Parents and Families:
* You made last month’s PTA meeting a huge success- full of questions, explanations, inspirations.
Please come join us at October’s School Leadership Meeting (@4:00PM) and at the PTA Meeting (@ 7:00PM) on Monday October 15, 2018 at the school.
In addition to the updates from Principal Annello and the PTA board members, you’ll hear from a panel of representatives from several local high schools including:
Martin Van Buren HS
Cardozo High School
Francis Lewis High School
Bayside High School
Thomas Edison High School
We are awaiting responses from:
Brooklyn Technical HS
Townsend Harris High School
Stuyvesant High School
Bronx Science High School
* Thanks to your vote and your membership contributions, ELEVATE EDUCATION is about to begin. If you have not yet made your contribution, what are you waiting for! Your contribution dollars to the PTA go directly toward this wonderful academic program which will greatly enhance your child’s education. DONATE TODAY!! (You can send in your contribution in an envelope marked “MS67Q PTA” with cash or check made payable to “MS67Q PTA.” Please note your student’s name and class.)
* Ice cream sale volunteers are always needed and appreciated!! Tuesday and Thursdays from 10:30 to 12:45. Sign up HERE.
* 8th grade parents……please be on the lookout for easy YEARBOOK photo upload and recognition ads. Coming to you soon!!
* Eat a Burger! Please support our kids and MS67 by visiting Five Guys on Wednesday, October 17th from 5-9pm!
Please show the attached flyer HERE to the cashier so they can credit our PTA for the sale.
* PTA Volunteer Opportunities. Please sign up to join one of the PTA committees. We will reach out to you so the committees can decide how and when to meet and get going. Your can sign up HERE.
–Membership Recruit and Inclusion Committee (Ways to recruit, include, and welcome more families and parents to the PTA)
–Fundraising Events Committee (Ways to raise funds, plan and execute fund-raising events)
–Communications Committee (newsletters, translations, web-presence)
–“Respect for All” Committee (The school’s theme for this year is “Respect for All” – a very important theme for our middle schoolers. This committee will try to come up with ways to support the school in its efforts to teach the theme at school and also brainstorm for ideas on how families and parents can teach the theme at home.)
–Family Support Committee (How can we support families to navigate 6th, 7th, 8th grade? How can we help families guide and nurture their middle schoolers?)