Happy New Year to you all! With the second half of the school year chugging along in the midst of the January wind, we wanted to let you know about some exciting and important things happening in our school community.
1. A wonderful opportunity Monday 1/14/2019!
Come join us at a “Fireside Chat” with Principal Annello and other parents TODAY at the PTA meeting. (January 14, 2019 at 7PM).
Mr. Annello will be featured as our featured speaker so he will have plenty of time to provide all the families with an overview of the rest of the school year as well as give us details about significant events coming up in the second half of the year.
Come ready to listen, learn, ask questions! We will have enough time for the parents to also share from their own insights and experiences.
And, just to keep the holiday’s giving spirit going and to add to the fun, we will be giving away 7 Panera giftcards to 7 lucky winners who will be chosen from all who are in attendance at the January PTA meeting/Fireside Chat! (We also have the prize for the “Golden Ticket” winner from the PTA Welcome Packet so please come and claim your prize!)
The PTA Board will see if we could also provide some coffee and light refreshments, if the logistics work out.
We encourage all of you to take advantage of this engaging and interactive event. See you Monday!
2. The School Leadership Team meeting will take place Monday January 14, 2019 at 4:00PM at the school. All parents are welcome to come and observe the monthly meeting.
3. Irvin Simon photographers is opening up a new window to order your child’s school portrait/retake, if you have not done so already. Proof sheets will be going home with your child Friday and Monday. Don’t miss out. This is your last chance!!
4. We keep going and going and going . . .
We were busy last month selling refreshments and baked goods at many school events, getting the Modells fundraiser started, and very successffully organizing “Grinch the Musical” fundraiser. We also had several web sponsors renew their sponsorship for the upcoming year.
We’re thankful for everyone’s support and help as we work together to raise funds and provide resources for our children. Thank you also to the parent volunteers who took the time to translate the PTA’s “traffic safety letter” into Chinese, Korea, and Spanish.
Please come and say hi to the PTA Board when you come to the monthly PTA meeting. We’d like to meet you and also hear from you. Your presence at the PTA meeting and events are very empowering to the school, the teachers, and the students.
Let’s keep the year going strong. Our kids need our energy!
5. PTA election will be taking place in a couple of months — please contact us should you want to be on the nomination committee to help out with the election (you cannot run for a position if you are on this committee).
Again, the PTA wishes everyone a wonderful, healthy, happy 2019. We hope to see you at the PTA Meeting/Fireside Chat!