We hope everyone had a relaxing and peaceful winter break! Please take a minute to catch up on the on-goings and upcoming events. See you on Monday at the PTA Meeting!
1) Ice Skating for students, their friends and families THIS FRIDAY at the Great Neck Ice Skating Rink on March 1, 2019 at 8:00PM. Please hand in your slip RIGHT AWAY! FLYER and SLIP HERE!
2) Follow MS67Q PTA on Twitter! Simply look for MS67Q PTA or use our username @MS67QPTA. We’ll be tweeting announcements and such going forward in addition to the email blasts and web postings.
3) 15% Off Modells Savings Coupon HERE. Saving period starts March 8!
4) We had a fantastic day time PTA meeting in February! Mr. Aniello spoke to us about Mindfulness and facilitated a Mindfulness activity with the parents.
We also voted to record and/or live stream PTA meetings in the future so that will take place hopefully starting with the March meeting.
5) Annual PTA Dinner is set for June 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM on the beautiful rook top of Il Bacco in Little Neck, NY. We hope that many of you will be able to come to the dinner and have a relaxing, low-key fun time as we get to know each other a little better and show appreciation to the school and to the PTA volunteers for another successful school year.
6) Key dates coming up:
Ice Skating at Great Neck – Friday March 1, 2019 at 8:00PM
SLT Meeting — Monday, March 4, 2019 at 4PM
PTA Meeting – Monday, March 4, 2019 at 7PM: TOPIC: “Key things to prepare for during the second half of the middle school for 6th, 7th, 8th graders”
Career Day — Tuesday March 12, 2019
Seussical Drama Production — March 14-16, 2019 (Parent Volunteers Needed)
Quarterly Exams— Week of March 18, 2019
Half Day and Parent/Teacher Conference – March 26, 2019
Family Wellness Night – March 27, 2019 at 6:30PM
ELA Mock Exam – March 28, 2019
PTA Election coming up in May 2019
“Refueling and Empowering” – Spring Membership Drive in March –
Our goal is to raise $10,000 to fund the after school activities, clubs, teams, school news paper, Elevate Education.
If we could have at least 50% of our families (450 families) to donate $25 each then we could make this happen! Please encourage 5 people in you circle to give as part of our Spring Membership Drive. “It takes a village!”