Dear MS67 Parents and Families:
* Monday, March 18, 2019:
– @4:00PM – School Leadership Team Meeting (Parents can observe as the team discusses curriculum-related topics)
– @6:30PM – A special update session for 8th grade parents – For those parents who might have not been able to attend the 8th grade Conversation with Principal last Friday, Principal Annello will hold an additional question and answer and update session right before the PTA meeting.
– @7:00PM – PTA Meeting (Special Topic: “What our middle school students should be preparing for during this half of the school year”)
* Modells Fundraiser Going on RIGHT NOW! 15% off your ENTIRE purchase! Coupon is HERE!
* MS67’s own Musical happening this Thursday, Friday, Saturday! Purchase tickets online HERE!
We need parent volunteers to sell refreshments before the show or during the intermission. Please sign up HERE!
* PTA March Membership Drive happening now! Our goal is to raise $10,000 for the kids’ programs.
Each family making a contribution by March 31 receives a chance to win FREE tutoring sessions at Top Prep Academy in Great Neck. See the Membership Drive letter for more details HERE for English letter from the PTA. HERE for Spanish. HERE for Korean. HERE for Chinese.
* Five Guys Fundraiser for our school. Please get some burgers at Five Guys on March 19, 2019 from 5:00 -9:00PM and show them the flyer available HERE. A portion of the sales proceeds will be donated back to our children.
* Proposed Changes to the Admission Process to Specialized High Schools:
The DOE presented their proposal at the District 26 Educational Council meeting recently, and many parents attended the meeting.
We were provided the following information from the Douglaston Civic Association in case you want to learn more about this topic:
“On Tuesday March 19, the Douglaston Civic Association will be holding a community meeting on Mayor de Blasio’s proposals to revamp admissions criteria for the Specialized High Schools, and related efforts to purportedly increase racial integration in the middle schools and Gifted and Talented programs.
The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. at:
The Community Church of Douglaston
39-50 Douglaston Parkway;
(lower floor; enter from parking lot in the rear)
Tuesday’s meeting will feature a presentation by David Lee of Coalition Edu and the Chinese American Citizens Alliance of Greater New York. The Department of Education did not respond to our requests to send a representative to defend the Mayor’s proposals.”
* Follow the PTA on Twitter for the latest updates and news! Joining Twitter is very easy and you just have to search for our PTA. Our Twitter name (handle) is @MS67QPTA. Click HERE to see our tweets and follow us.
* Other Events Coming Up:
March 12, 2019 Career Day for 8th Graders
March 18 – 25, 2019 Quarterly Exams
March 20, 2019 Parent-Teacher Conference
March 26, 2019 Half Day- Parent Teacher Conference
March 27, 2019 Family Wellness Night
March 28, 2019 ELA Mock Exam 2:30-4:30PM
March 29, 2019 End of 3rd Quarter
May 6, 2019 PTA Election
June 17, 2019 PTA End-of-Year Dinner at Il Bacco, Little Neck, NY
Our annual PTA Dinner is set for June 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM on the beautiful rook top of Il Bacco in Little Neck, NY. We hope that many of you will be able to come to the dinner and have a relaxing, low-key fun time as we get to know each other a little better and show appreciation to the school and to the PTA volunteers for another successful school year.