Please see the following notice for students attending Cardozo High School next fall.
You are invited to attend the Grade 6 Day of the Arts celebration on Thursday, May 16 in which students will have the opportunity to perform in front of the peers and parents/guardians in the school auditorium.
Please note the following times:
9AM – Gr 6 Band and Drama Students
9:45AM – Gr 6 Chorus and Dance Students
Gr 6 artwork will be on display in the lobby area.
Regards,The MS67 Arts Department
On Tuesday, May 21 @ 6:30pm, MS67 will be presenting our “7th Grade Night of the Arts” celebration. Members of the Chorus, Band, Dance, Drama, as well as the work of our Arts department will be showcased that evening. The performance will begin at 6:30pm (doors open at 6:00pm).
The recommended dress code for the performances is as follows: black/dark blue pants (or skirts), black shoes (no sneakers), and a white shirt. Participation for band, chorus, and dance members is mandatory and constitutes a percentage of the grade for the quarter. Students who fail to participate without a valid reason will be graded accordingly.
All students must report to the assigned classroom at 6:00pm to meet with their teachers. After their performance, students will return to the classroom and are expected to remain in their assigned rooms until the conclusion of the concert in order to allow every group of students to perform for the whole auditorium audience.
As always, the “Night of the Arts” is an exciting and enjoyable event here at MS67 and all parents and family are invited to attend and support their talents of our children. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased ONLY using the TicketLeap website below. Cash will not be accepted at the door.
https://ms67.ticketleap.com/7th-grade-night-of-the-arts2019/PDF Embedder requires a url attribute
Dear Families of MS67Q:
* Thank you to ALL the parents who volunteered their time to help the PTA sell gelato this past year! Because of your generosity, our children were able to participate in even more clubs. teams, and activities this year. We are still in need of some more volunteers for the after-school Tuesday gelato sale so please sign up HERE!
* Thank you to ALL the parents who generously gave during PTA’s fall and spring membership drives. It was a huge success and made it possible for the PTA to continue to contribute to the school’s Elevate program, and free enrichment/afterschool activities.
* Congratulations to the many MS67Q students who accomplish so much and make our school community so proud. We don’t get to hear about all the accomplishments, but the following were brought to our attention and we wanted to share them with you:
– MathCon National Champion – A. Carratu- MathCon Honorable Mentions: O. Chan; C. Li- MathCon Gold Medal- A. Zhu-MS67Q came in 5th place among all the middle schools!
* Congratulations on the newly elected officers and SLT parent members!
PTA Board for 2019-2020
Co-Presidents: Patricia Levy & Adriana Aviles
Recording Secretary: No one elected
Treasurer: Andrea Choi
Financial Secretary: Jean Chen
Co-VP of Fundraising: Maureen Barrett; Michelle Barrett-Sheppard; Dorolena Zaharopoulos
VP-Box Tops: Lana Jernigan
VP-Communications: Megan Rha
Co-VP of Webmaster & Web Advertising: Karen Wang & Elsie Lee
Newly elected SLT members for a 2 year term Ting Yu; Peng Zhao; Dorelena Zaharopoulos
* We need parent volunteers for the following events:
– 8th Grade Junior Arista Reception Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 9AM (Preparation before the reception and hosting the reception). Sign up HERE.
– Field Day Wednesday May 29, 2019 during Periods 4,5,6. Sign up HERE.
– 8th Grade Awards Night on Wednesday June 5, 2019 (Parent volunteers needed to just set up the refreshments which will be provided by the school). Sign up HERE.
* Coming Up! Annual PTA Dinner: June 17, 2019 at 6:00PM on the rooftop of Il Bacco in Little Neck, NY.
The following message is for parents of students enrolled in a Regents course at MS 67.
We are pleased to announce a series of Math and Science Regents Prep classes.Please see attached permission slips and Prep schedule. The original Science permission slip was distributed April 19th. A new hard-copy of both letters will be distributed and sent home with students today. Please note, both permission slips must be submitted by Wednesday, May 8th. Also note, space is limited for these courses, and seats will be available in the order in which permission slips are received. If you have any questions, please speak to your child’s Math or Science teacher.
Regents Prep schedule HERE.
Math Prep Permission Slip HERE.
Science Prep Permission Slip HERE.
Queens Memory Project Douglaston & Little Neck: Then & Now
Join neighborhood historian Michael Kurucz for a photo “tour” of historic Douglaston and Little Neck, along with views of the same spots as they exist today. Explore a wonderful collection of photos, postcards, ephemera and maps, and bring your own family’s stories and photos to share. The Queens Memory team will be on hand to scan and save them to a free flash drive that you can take home. Light refreshments provided by the Friends of the Douglaston / Little Neck Community Library. Flyer HERE.
Thursday, May 2, 2019 @ 6-7:30pm
Saturday, May 4, 2019 @ 11am-1pm
Comics Drawing Session and Author Talk with Kristen Gudsnuk
Come and join us for a fun workshop with the Comics writer and illustrator Kristen Gudsnuk, creator of the series Henchgirl and Making Friends. Join Kristen and play an imagination-enhancing doodle game, and then brainstorm suggestions for character and story and make a three-panel comic strip!
Ms. Gudsnuk will also talk about her books and answer questions about the way she creates her characters.
Bring your drawing pads and pencils.
Books will be available for sale and signing.Friday, May 17th, 2019@ 3:30 pm. Flyer HERE.
- Spring Yoga – Tuesdays in May (5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28) at 9 AM at PS 376; Flyer HERE
- Resume Clinic – Friday, May 3 at 9 AM at MS 74; Flyer HERE
- Resilience – Tuesday, May 7 at 7 PM at PS 186; Flyer HERE
- Social Skills – Thursday, May 23 at 7 PM at MS 74; Flyer HERE
- Mindfulness – Friday, May 24 at 9 AM at PS 376; Flyer HERE
To register and for more information please contact the District 26 Family Coordinators:
Kim D’Angelo at 718.631.6905 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Mo at 718.631.6966 or email@example.com
To find out about other District 26 events visit the Family Engagement page at www.district26.org.
Dear Families of MS67Q:
Coming Monday is an exciting night for our school community! Please join us on Monday:
@6 PM for the First Ever MS67 Jazz Night! Flyer HERE
@ 7PM for our May PTA Meeting, including our annual election for all positions – Election notice HERE
See you on Monday at 6PM and then at 7PM!!!