Happy spring-like weekend, everyone!
1) This past weekend, our school community was busy with the students’ annual musical (Seussical) and the PTA’s very successful refreshment/bake sales during the intermissions. (Thank you to all the parent volunteers who donated baked goodies and their time to put it all together on THREE separate dates!) We raised a lot of funds for the kids’ programs.
You can catch a glimpse of the fantastic music on our school’s Twitter account (@ms67qpta). Click HERE.
Here’s a photo of the wonderful cast.
We also recognize and applaud all the students and staff (and parents, of course) who worked hard “behind the scene” to bring about this musical production to our students and the school community. You made all of us so proud!
2) See you on Monday for lots of information and inspiration!
@4:00 PM School Leadership Meeting (all can observe)
@6:30 PM Mr. Annello’s extra Q & A session with 8th grade parents
@7:00 PM March PTA meeting (Special topic: How to prepare our kids for the second half of the school year)
This email has a lot of information but we have EVEN MORE to share with YOU!!!
3) PTA Raffle Prizes!
You can purchase raffles to win either (1) 4 tickets to the PS98’s performance of Peter Pan & a $25 Gift Certifcate to Il Sapore Pizzaria OR (2) a credit of $1850 to Camp Cody, a sleep away camp (established in 1926 and the camp session is from August 4th – August 17th)
$3 for one raffle; $5 for 2; $10 for 5
4) Modells 15% OFF Coupons HERE
5) Five Guys in Little Neck PTA Fundraiser! Tuesday, March 19, 2019 from 5-9PM. Please print and show this FLYER HERE so the PTA can receive a portion of the sales price.
6) Please return your completed Learning Environment Survey (the Green Envelope). Online or mail in the envelopes! We need 50% more of our parents to return the surveys!!!
7) “Empowering & Refueling” PTA Membership Drive going on RIGHT NOW!
Let’s show that we care.
We need to raise $10,000 for the kids’ programs. Anyone who donates by March 31, 2019 will be eligible to win FREE TUTORING from Top Prep Academy in Great Neck! Please GIVE TODAY.
8) Proposed Changes to the Admission Process to Specialized High Schools:
The DOE presented their proposal at the District 26 Educational Council meeting recently, and many parents attended the meeting.
We were provided the following information from the Douglaston Civic Association in case you want to learn more about this topic:
“On Tuesday March 19, the Douglaston Civic Association will be holding a community meeting on Mayor de Blasio’s proposals to revamp admissions criteria for the Specialized High Schools, and related efforts to purportedly increase racial integration in the middle schools and Gifted and Talented programs.
The meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. at:
The Community Church of Douglaston
39-50 Douglaston Parkway;
(lower floor; enter from parking lot in the rear)
Tuesday’s meeting will feature a presentation by David Lee of Coalition Edu and the Chinese American Citizens Alliance of Greater New York. The Department of Education did not respond to our requests to send a representative to defend the Mayor’s proposals.”
9) Follow the PTA on Twitter for the latest updates and news! Joining Twitter is very easy and you just have to search for our PTA. Our Twitter name (handle) is @MS67QPTA.
10) Other Events Coming Up:
March 12, 2019 Career Day for 8th Graders
March 18 – 25, 2019 Quarterly Exams
March 20, 2019 Parent-Teacher Conference
March 26, 2019 Half Day- Parent Teacher Conference
March 27, 2019 Family Wellness Night
March 28, 2019 ELA Mock Exam 230-430PM
March 29, 2019 End of 3rd Quarter
May 2019 PTA Election
June 17, 2019 PTA End-of-Year Dinner at Il Bacco, Little Neck, NY
Annual PTA Dinner is set for June 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM on the beautiful rook top of Il Bacco in Little Neck, NY. We hope that many of you will be able to come to the dinner and have a relaxing, low-key fun time as we get to know each other a little better and show appreciation to the school and to the PTA volunteers for another successful school year.