On Tuesday, May 21 @ 6:30pm, MS67 will be presenting our “7th Grade Night of the Arts” celebration. Members of the Chorus, Band, Dance, Drama, as well as the work of our Arts department will be showcased that evening. The performance will begin at 6:30pm (doors open at 6:00pm).
The recommended dress code for the performances is as follows: black/dark blue pants (or skirts), black shoes (no sneakers), and a white shirt. Participation for band, chorus, and dance members is mandatory and constitutes a percentage of the grade for the quarter. Students who fail to participate without a valid reason will be graded accordingly.
All students must report to the assigned classroom at 6:00pm to meet with their teachers. After their performance, students will return to the classroom and are expected to remain in their assigned rooms until the conclusion of the concert in order to allow every group of students to perform for the whole auditorium audience.
As always, the “Night of the Arts” is an exciting and enjoyable event here at MS67 and all parents and family are invited to attend and support their talents of our children. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased ONLY using the TicketLeap website below. Cash will not be accepted at the door.
PDF Embedder requires a url attribute
Please see below for Assembly Member Edward Braunstein’s Summer Reading Challenge.
PDF Embedder requires a url attribute
Dear Families of MS67Q:
* Thank you to ALL the parents who volunteered their time to help the PTA sell gelato this past year! Because of your generosity, our children were able to participate in even more clubs. teams, and activities this year. We are still in need of some more volunteers for the after-school Tuesday gelato sale so please sign up HERE!
* Thank you to ALL the parents who generously gave during PTA’s fall and spring membership drives. It was a huge success and made it possible for the PTA to continue to contribute to the school’s Elevate program, and free enrichment/afterschool activities.
* Congratulations to the many MS67Q students who accomplish so much and make our school community so proud. We don’t get to hear about all the accomplishments, but the following were brought to our attention and we wanted to share them with you:
– MathCon National Champion – A. Carratu- MathCon Honorable Mentions: O. Chan; C. Li- MathCon Gold Medal- A. Zhu-MS67Q came in 5th place among all the middle schools!
* Congratulations on the newly elected officers and SLT parent members!
PTA Board for 2019-2020
Co-Presidents: Patricia Levy & Adriana Aviles
Recording Secretary: No one elected
Treasurer: Andrea Choi
Financial Secretary: Jean Chen
Co-VP of Fundraising: Maureen Barrett; Michelle Barrett-Sheppard; Dorolena Zaharopoulos
VP-Box Tops: Lana Jernigan
VP-Communications: Megan Rha
Co-VP of Webmaster & Web Advertising: Karen Wang & Elsie Lee
Newly elected SLT members for a 2 year term Ting Yu; Peng Zhao; Dorelena Zaharopoulos
* We need parent volunteers for the following events:
– 8th Grade Junior Arista Reception Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 9AM (Preparation before the reception and hosting the reception). Sign up HERE.
– Field Day Wednesday May 29, 2019 during Periods 4,5,6. Sign up HERE.
– 8th Grade Awards Night on Wednesday June 5, 2019 (Parent volunteers needed to just set up the refreshments which will be provided by the school). Sign up HERE.
* Coming Up! Annual PTA Dinner: June 17, 2019 at 6:00PM on the rooftop of Il Bacco in Little Neck, NY.
The following message is for
parents of students enrolled in a Regents course at MS 67.
We are pleased to announce a series of Math and Science Regents Prep classes.Please see attached permission slips and Prep schedule. The original Science permission slip was distributed April 19th. A new hard-copy of both letters will be distributed and sent home with students today. Please note, both permission slips must be submitted by Wednesday, May 8th. Also note, space is limited for these courses, and seats will be available in the order in which permission slips are received. If you have any questions, please speak to your child’s Math or Science teacher.
Regents Prep schedule HERE.
Math Prep Permission Slip HERE.
Science Prep Permission Slip HERE.
Queens Memory Project Douglaston & Little
Neck: Then & Now
Join neighborhood historian Michael Kurucz for a photo “tour” of historic Douglaston and Little Neck, along with views of the same spots as they exist today. Explore a wonderful collection of photos, postcards, ephemera and maps, and bring your own family’s stories and photos to share. The Queens Memory team will be on hand to scan and save them to a free flash drive that you can take home. Light refreshments provided by the Friends of the Douglaston / Little Neck Community Library. Flyer HERE.
Thursday, May 2, 2019 @ 6-7:30pm
Saturday, May 4, 2019 @ 11am-1pm
Comics Drawing Session and Author Talk with Kristen Gudsnuk
Come and join us for a fun workshop with the Comics writer and illustrator Kristen Gudsnuk, creator of the series Henchgirl and Making Friends. Join Kristen and play an imagination-enhancing doodle game, and then brainstorm suggestions for character and story and make a three-panel comic strip!
Ms. Gudsnuk will also talk about her books and answer questions about the way she creates her characters.
Bring your drawing pads and pencils.
Books will be available for sale and signing.Friday, May 17th, 2019@ 3:30 pm. Flyer HERE.
- Spring Yoga – Tuesdays in May (5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28) at 9 AM at PS 376; Flyer HERE
- Resume Clinic – Friday, May 3 at 9 AM at MS 74; Flyer HERE
- Resilience – Tuesday, May 7 at 7 PM at PS 186; Flyer HERE
- Social Skills – Thursday, May 23 at 7 PM at MS 74; Flyer HERE
- Mindfulness – Friday, May 24 at 9 AM at PS 376; Flyer HERE
To register and for more information please contact the District 26 Family Coordinators:
Kim D’Angelo at 718.631.6905 or email@example.com
Wendy Mo at 718.631.6966 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out about other District 26 events visit the Family Engagement page at www.district26.org.
Dear Families of MS67Q:
Coming Monday is an exciting night for our school community!
Please join us on Monday:
@6 PM for the First Ever MS67 Jazz Night! Flyer HERE
@ 7PM for our May PTA Meeting, including our annual election for all positions – Election notice HERE
See you on Monday at 6PM and then at 7PM!!!
Please complete the Learning Environment Survey. Access codes are contained in the green envelopes.
The deadline for completing the online version of the NYC School Survey has been extended to April 25 for parents/guardians. We currently have a 60% completion rate. We are hoping to reach at least a 75% completion rate.
We urge you to complete the survey online, if you have not already done so.
You can access the survey by logging on to:
We do not have access codes. If you need help, you can call: 1-877-819-2363.
PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR GOAL!
The Administrative Team
We hope you are having a great spring so far. As our children’s spring fever hits all time high, the PTA, with your help, is gearing up for the last leg of this school year. Didn’t the school year go so fast? Let’s keep encouraging our middle schoolers to finish well and finish strong.
Here are some key events and dates coming up in the near future. Please take note and we look forward to having you visit us at the May PTA Meeting and Annual Election (May 6, 2019) and at the PTA Annual Dinner (June 17, 2019 at Il Bacco).
Follow the PTA on Twitter for the latest updates and news! Joining Twitter is very easy and you just have to search for our PTA. Our Twitter name (handle) is @MS67QPTA. Click HERE to see our tweets and follow us.
CONTINUING: Spring PTA Membership Drive is ON-GOING! So far, our families have donated $5,600!
Please give so we can reach our goal of 10K to be used for the kids and their programs. #ProgramsForTheKids (Checks made payable to “MS67 PTA.” Please let us know if you prefer to pay in other methods.)
Every Tuesday after school from 2:10 to 2:40PM: PTA’s Ice Cream Sale. Parent volunteers are needed. Please sign up HERE.
Tue. April 9, 2019: Parent Teacher Conference @ 2:20PM – 3:00PM
Thur. April 11, 2019: Deadline to complete the 2019 School Survey.
Thur. April 11, 2019: Math Mock Exam
Thur. April 11, 2019: 8th Grade Night of the Arts @ 6:30PM – tickets at Ticketleap. (The PTA will be selling refreshments. Please sign up HERE to volunteer.)
Thur. April 11, 2019 “School Diversity & Specialized High School Admissions Community Forum” @ Queens Borough Hall at 6:30PM. See flyer HERE. Registration required – RSVP HERE.
Fri. April 12, 2019: Math Mock Exam
Wed. April 17, 2019: Service League Assembly @9AM
April 19 – April 28, 2019: SPRING RECESS . (Hope you get lots of rest! Perhaps not possible with all the kids at home!)
May 5, 2019: Spring Family FUNRaiser @ Yankee Stadium (details HERE)
May 6, 2019 @6-6:45PM: MS67 Jazz Night (PTA to sell refreshments. Parents volunteer HERE.)
May 6, 2019 @ 7PM: PTA Meeting and Election. See HERE for the Election Notice.
May 15, 2019 @9AM: Arista Ceremony (8th graders) (PTA hosts post-ceremony reception and needs volunteer parents to set up and host. Parents volunteer HERE.)
June 17, 2019: PTA End-of-Year Dinner at Il Bacco, Little Neck, NY at 6:30PM at the beautiful rook top of Il Bacco in Little Neck, NY. We hope that many of you will be able to come to the dinner and have a relaxing, low-key fun time as we get to know each other a little better and show appreciation to the school and to the PTA volunteers for another successful school year.